LEAD Program Application Instructions
Be sure to follow the following instructions carefully. Failure to submit accurate information will be grounds for rejection of your application.
- Acquire your previous Official Transcripts from all schools previously attended and have them forwarded to MCU [see attached form MCU-TR101]
NOTE: Honorary Degrees WILL NOT be counted towards academic requirements
- List all books previously read. Include Title, Author, Publisher, ISBN number, Copyright Date, and Edition for each book
- Submit a color copy of all Professional Licenses, Certificates and Diplomas earned
- For those with prior Military Service, attach a copy of your DD-214
- Submit your personal/professional resume, which can be copied and pasted from a Word.doc into the proper field of the application below
- Submit three (3) or more personal character references (not relatives or family members). Include Name, Address, Phone number, Email address, and years acquainted [see attached form MCU-LEADCR03]. Be sure that the character reference fills out the form personally and mails it directly to MCU.
- Answer each question pertaining to views of Biblical Doctrine and Theological studies. Please be sure to indicate via scripture your reasons for your view and provide any valid sustaining information you may have.
- Indicate the Degree(s) you are applying for.
NOTE: The Board of Regents makes the final determination of the actual Degree and Discipline earned
- Attach your current Ministerial/Professional Resume.
- The below questionnaire constitutes your Academic Paper. Please be sure that you answer each question completely. The Board of Regents will automatically reject any application that contains answers that are incomplete. Therefore, remember the following: (a) Do Not provide one word answers or answers containing only a reference to a particular scripture; (b) All Answers are to be no less than 250 words and no greater than 500 words; (c) Remember, this is a college/university level academic paper you are submitting, be sure to correct spelling and grammar as needed.
Questions 1-16 require a minimum of 250 to 500 words
Questions 17-28 require submission of 500+ word essays for each question
- In 500 words or less, explain what is needed for one to receive eternal life?
- In 500 words or less, who are the people you have personally influenced since receiving salvation?
- In 500 words or less, tell us about your turning points in your spiritual journey.
- In 500 words or less, tell us about your family.
- What has your Ministerial Experience included? be specific
- What are your indications of growth in your ministry? be specific
- What is your philosophy of ministry? be specific
- What are your future ministry plans? be specific
- Why are you interested in the Life Experience Acquired Degree Program?
- What area of theology represents your greatest interest right now?
- How are you pursuing it? be specific
- How are you integrating it into your ministry? be specific
- Tell us about your Christian Experience.
- Tell us about your calling into the ministry.
- What are your personal qualifications for ministry?
- Tell us about your Educational Background.
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of God?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Christ?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of the Holy Spirit?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of the Holy Bible?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Baptism?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Holy Communion?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Salvation?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Sanctification/Holiness?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Justification?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of the Baptism in the Holy Ghost?
- What is your personal belief of the Doctrine of Eschatology (Last Things)?
- Explain to us the office and function of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders, Deacons, and Bishops.
LEAD Program Application
Be sure you attach the Academic Paper answering the above questionnaire to the application in the field specified.
All required documentation, including the questionnaire above, resume, professional certifications, etc. should be submitted in .PDF format.
NOTE: there is a 50 MB total limit to files uploaded via this application.